This is the first in a series of thirteen posts on bodywork, the primarily physical aspect of Project 1827. As this is Day Five of 2021, I guess this serves as a baseline more than anything else.
- I weigh 222.6 pounds as of this morning. I am weighing in every day, as I need the reminder that it’s not always a downward trend, no matter what is done well or not well in the course of a day. I’m not going to stress about it.
- I have hit The Thousand Reps a few times working out, prior to 2021. I have taken on the challenge of alternating routines when doing bodyweight. I have not worked out one time in 2021, so far.
- I am terrible with cardio. It’s cold out! There’s snow on the ground! It’s early and I don’t want to turn off the alarm. If only making excuses increased circulation!
- It’s going to be a hoot starting Couch to 5K at the end of this month.
- My biggest problems, when it comes to diet and exercise, are grazing and justification. I had to toss out the candy we had all over the house for the holidays. I’m no longer allowing myself to say “It’s just —–” or “it’s only a little ——” not because people shouldn’t enjoy themselves, or that stupid “it doesn’t taste as good as skinny feels,” (which is a horrid phrase), but because I’m really good at taking a mile if I give myself an inch. If I could stick to inches, I’d take inches.
It is a matter of taking one day at a time, and preferably, the day I’m actually living in, rather than the one before me, or God forbid, the one I’ve already done.
How about you, dear reader? How do you work out? What do you do that you enjoy? That you hate? What goals have you hit before, and where are you seeing transformation in your life?
Oh, come back tomorrow–I’ll post about The Thousand Reps for Workout Wednesday. (I will also commit to doing The Thousand Reps tomorrow, an Epiphany of sorts.)