I have Fridays off. It’s a good day to update the blog, and I didn’t feel like writing up something just a few days in. So I waited until today.
As alluded to in Prolegomena, I’ve come up with a list of goals I’m trying to accomplish in the arbitrarily chosen 504 days between November 1, 2017 and March 19, 2019. There are twenty-one goals. You can see (most of) them on the menu bar above.
I’m not beholden to them, as in they have to be accomplished. I mean, I would love to accomplish them. I’m not giving myself permission to not complete them, but rather, I have to keep in mind that I want to do this to make my life better, not to make them my life.
In the last ten days, I have:
– read The Name of the Rose and Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit.
– made five new plant-based dishes (there will be a blog post in the future)
– gotten back into the habit of swimming during the week
– gone out to a crazy book and beer exchange that was awkward and terrifying and wonderful
– had friends over for dinner which was wonderful
Also, outside of the goals, I also drained B’s battery on his car (and had to get it jumped twice!), bought wine for my staff, attended a thanksgiving potluck and ate too much ham, and overall had an all right time. This blog is a work in progress. I, too, am a work in progress.