Having established the seven parts of self, and what my values actually are in regards to them, I have developed three goals for 2021 in each part of self.
- Weigh 180 pounds by 12/31/2021.
- Exercise >20 minutes, six days a week
- Eat Responsibly
- Read from a diverse reading list.
- Complete two Doctor of Ministry classes.
- Certify in four online courses.
- Complete work on 1 Corinthians and 2 Corinthians.
- Practice daily prayer (observe 5x/day)
- Take on Hafiz as a daily devotional.
- Limits on screens and social media
- Daily Journal 300x in 2021.
- Write four blog posts per week in 2021.
- No Personal Book Purchasing.
- Tithe Honoraria.
- Grow Our Family’s Giving.
- Do service work.
- Engage politically.
- Play with friends twice a month.
- Build an epic garden.
- Develop and maintain plastic-free practices.
- Connect to the Greater Church.
Some of these are obviously measurable–I can stand on a scale and check my weight, for example. What does it mean to engage politically, or to read from a diverse list, or to build an epic garden? These goals have to be smart, or there’s going to be a Project 1,828. Luckily, I think I’ve worked it out…