These are the weekly goals for Sunday, May 17 through Saturday, May 23, 2020. (I realize the breakdown of timing of the big eras is Tuesday through Monday. I’m already out of sync with the world having Fridays off. I couldn’t add another layer. I regret nothing.)
– hit steps goal all seven days.
– three long walks with the dogs.
– do all the stuff [weight loss program] requires.
– complete thorough notes on First Corinthians through Chapter 3.
– pause for hours at least thrice every day.
– write for at least 20 min. twice
– one night tech sabbath
– research mosaic supplies
– read two books for D. Min project
– Finish As Kingfishers Catch Fire by Eugene Peterson
– Finish Absalom, Absalom! by William Faulkner
I’ve left out the goals for Heart because it’s private for now, and I don’t know if that means it will cease being personal. I don’t have goals for Community and World because of Coronatide–I don’t know what to do, and I don’t even have ideas.
But, the four categories above–yes. I’m not going to finish Peterson this week; it’s disrespectful to what the volume is, being a collection of sermons and meditations. I have to stretch that out, and get it out of the goals. But the rest? I’ve done it. Because it’s measurable, and doable.
Do you know what happens if I do not reach a goal in a week? I either adjust, try again, or drop it.
The plan is, by my fortieth birthday, to look back at the previous 1,827 days and say, “I was intentional about being part of this world and community; I have tended to the fullness of being God has entrusted me with. I will now eat an entire cake,” and feel just freakin’ grand.